- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution Designer - 90223129
Posting Range:26 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Solutions Architect
Location Radbroke Hall (Knutsford)
We are looking for talented solution architects to work within our digital and mobile and banking team, you will discover a high performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding developmental possibilities to increase your potential.
An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organisation and work with experienced professionals & subject matter experts.
What will you be doing?
• Develop and support the creation of the Design Thumbnails for the High Level and Detailed Design for functions of the award winning Barclays Mobile Banking app.
• You will work with senior stakeholders from Business, Technology, Security and Risk to gather, document and refine their solution requirements.
• Use system specific knowledge and technical expertise to design solutions to meet the requirements of all stakeholders
• Support the Business Production of Screen Flows
• Drive out the BRDs (Business Requirements - Detailed) in a collaborative style to ensure all needs are fully identified to the level required
• Provide information to the business teams and management regarding the consequences of specifying a requirement in a particular way
• You will ensure Non Functional Requirements (e.g. Performance, MI, Volumes, Service Levels, etc) are fully defined, thought through and documented.
• To be responsible for all changes to the application / system throughout the whole product life cycle including run and retirement of systems.
What we’re looking for:
• Understanding of Client Server Interaction, Application and Infrastructure.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Understanding of the Design phase within the application development life cycle.
• Knowledge of general office application software word processors, spreadsheet, presentation packages and email clients
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of working within a project framework such as Waterfall, Agile & Scrum
• Awareness of the Barclays business unit responsibilities and structure
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Knowledge in multiple mobile technologies with understanding of their strengths and shortcomings
Where will you be working?
Barclays Radbroke Hall is a strategic IT and Technology centre set in a fantastic countryside location with outstanding facilities to include Starbuck’s, onsite gym and canteen as well as football pitches and tennis courts. The site is relaxed with a dress down code and excellent working culture.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.