- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solution designer - 90230358
Posting Range:9 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Barclays are onboarding a passionate Solutions Architect. The Architecture centre of excellence sets the technical strategy and vision for BUK, drives innovation and R&D and provides centralised enterprise and solution architecture capability across all CIO areas. You will lead and be accountable for all solutioning/end to end design activities for projects across the end-to-end software development lifecycle within BUK. You will also support the lead architect within the BUK.
If this sounds of interest, please read on!
What will you be doing?
• Strategy and Plan: Under the guidance of the Lead Architect, develop elements of the technical strategy, roadmaps and vision for that area that align to Board approved Purpose, Values, Risk Appetite and Policies and are consistent with wider BUK and Barclays Group standards.
• Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business requirements or technical strategies.
• Analyse project scoping statement, project requirements to help define a complete end to end solution, utilising capabilities available across BUK
• Design, document and communicate technical and integration solutions
• Presenting project designs at the appropriate Design Authority.
• Supporting Governance Artefacts
• Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future system problems and to improve the quality of delivered systems.
• Maintain ownership of the design throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, ensuring continued alignment to end-to-end designs, reviewing and approving component designs driven from the wider end to end design.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of shaping and defining solutions across disparate technologies to achieve the complex business objectives across multiple business areas:
• Have previous experience of developing solutions for financial services in the Credit Card or payment industry.
• Have experience of working in regulatory frameworks for designing solutions within a financial services business.
• Be able to thrive in an unstructured, ambiguous environment; adept at varying own styles to influence the optimum outcome.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in developing solutions deployed to a multitude of cloud providers including, but not limited to, AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure.
• AWS Solution Architect certification – foundation level or higher e.g. Associate level, is highly desirable.
• Application/Infrastructure/Enterprise Architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF.
• Exposure to API design principles both for internal and external consumption.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.