- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM, GB
We are looking for candidates that possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical “face” of AWS for National Security & Public Safety customers, and the wider ecosystem that supports them. Specifically, you will:
- have a passion for designing and building cloud computing systems for some of the UK’s most important National Security & Public Safety organisations to accelerate and scale innovation, reduce costs and drive efficiency with a strong understanding of public sector mandates, security, standards, and compliance requirements for designing large-scale cloud computing solutions;
- be highly technical and analytical, with a broad base of experience working in technical roles such as architecture / systems / software / network engineering. You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, to the point that you can not only contribute to, but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud;
- have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
- take part in and lead deep-dive education and technology design exercises to create world-class, Well Architected solutions for National Security & Public Safety organisations and the AWS partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs;
- be a great communicator with business-fluent English, able to drive discussions with senior stakeholders within an organisation, as well as the technical background that enables him or her to easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and architects in public sector markets;
- have strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
- already hold, or be willing to undergo, UK government security vetting and clearance checks;
- be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail of systems, possibly write demo / proof of concept code, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the AWS platform.
Are you passionate about helping National Security & Public Safety organisations in the UK innovate and transform using cloud technology? Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of networking, virtualisation, operating systems, applications, and cloud-native architectures? Do you have a knack for helping customers build a deep understanding of new cloud infrastructure and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to successfully deliver cloud computing projects? Are you knowledgeable about security and compliance best practices for applications and their supporting infrastructure?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated Solutions Architects to help accelerate our growing National Security & Public Safety business in the UK. You would be part of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to public sector organisations who want to serve the country more effectively by focussing time and resources on their core organisational purpose.
As a Solutions Architect within the UK National Security & Public Safety team, you will have the opportunity to build understanding and adoption of AWS' utility computing services (such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), AWS IoT, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Lex, Amazon CloudFront, AWS Lambda, etc.), both within National Security & Public Safety organisations, and the larger ecosystem that supports them.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Solutions Architect in the National Security & Public Safety team, you will:
- serve as a key member of the AWS National Security & Public Safety team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform;
- own the technical strategy and engagement with National Security & Public Safety customers;
- build customer confidence in AWS as a trusted advocate and virtual team member of customer organisations, by promoting optimised, secure, and cloud-centric architectures that deliver long-term customer satisfaction;
- collaborate and support broader AWS teams, Professional Services and AWS Partners in order to deliver maximum value to customers;
- capture and share best practice knowledge with the worldwide AWS solutions architect community, as well as the UK public sector team;
- develop and deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of AWS services within the National Security & Public Safety organisations;
- champion innovation and help drive continuous improvements to the AWS platform by capturing customer requirements and feeding them back to the relevant service teams.
To achieve those goals — and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, and application architecture — you will develop expertise across a wide range of AWS technologies, together with a deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud computing platform.
The ideal candidate will:
- have previous experience of working in the National Security & Public Safety space within the UK;
- have previous experience of designing and delivering production-level solutions on AWS;
- hold the highest level of UK government security clearance;
- Have a working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps;
- hold an AWS qualification (such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional certification).