- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solutions Designer - 90218866
Posting Range:11 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition – our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
About Barclaycard Commercial Payments
Barclaycard Commercial Payments (BCP) support what used to be more commonly known as the “Company Card” portfolio, providing credit and debit payment card services and solutions for customers ranging from sole traders to multinational/corporations
About BCP Tech and Change
BCP Tech and Change manage the technology changes and delivery across the BCP Enterprise estate, which ic a mixture of third party and in-house systems. The department support the whole end to end change lifecycle.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Overall purpose of role
• Responsible for creating technology solutions to design and deliver business solutions in line with business needs and priorities and aligned to BCP and Group IT strategies and architecture.
• Work closely with Product Owners, Scrum master, other Solutions Designers, Technical Leads, developers and other team members to ensure that the outcomes delivered meet the business benefits and adhere to agreed standards, policies and design patterns.
• Define and drive BCP architecture vison and systems strategy.
• Provide ad-hoc technical consultancy and support (including impact assessments) as required
Solutions Development (80%)
• Responsible for creating technology solutions, architectural visions, proofs of feasibility & solution impact assessments to meet business requirements in line with BCP and Group IT Strategies
• Works with external partners and suppliers to deliver required business services and products
• Pro-actively researches relevant technologies & demonstrate their benefits by developing POCs where necessary
• Adding clarity to business requirements; challenges business requirements to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
• Provides thought leadership and drive technology innovation.
Advice and Guidance (20%)
• Gives hands on guidance and support to BCP delivery teams
• Maintains detailed awareness of, takes fully into account, and promotes throughout the organisation, any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations, standards and codes of good practice. Is capable of contributing to the definition of such regulations, standards and codes.
• Actively contributes to the development & promotion of Barclays International technology organisation.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Provides advice and guidance to business and
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.