- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £27,000.00 gross per year
The Ubiquitous Chip, “Cornerstone of the culinary landscape of Glasgow for nearly 50 years”, is looking for a Sous Chef to join our kitchen team, preparing and cooking the finest of fresh seasonal Scottish produce.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join our kitchen team and help with preparing and cooking our fabulous food!
The ideal Sous Chef will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a senior position.
Working alongside the Head Chef you will help lead the kitchen team in delivering the high-quality dishes for which we are renowned for.
Responsibilities are varied day to day and include:
- Overseeing and adopting a hands-on approach to all preparation and ensuring that the kitchen team are ready for service
- Being involved in the menu planning, taking onboard seasonality and sustainability of ingredients
- Practising positive communication with the entire kitchen brigade and front of house team
- Proactively support, train and develop the other chefs
- Understanding of up to date safety procedures and food handling contributing to the documentation of the above
- Assisting other senior chefs in controlling stock levels, stock control and understanding of how to achieve and maintain the required GP
- Deputising in the absence of the Head Chef
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- A genuine passion for food and understanding of seasonality.
- A keen eye for detail and presentation.
- The ability to work as part of a busy, fast-paced team
- A desire to learn and progress
What we can offer you:
- Intercompany discounts
- Generous staff meal allowance while on shift
- Equal share of tips
- Ongoing training and development to help further your career - ability to earn more
- Paid breaks
- Staff shower
- Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Staff beers after work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced and fun environment where the team are dedicated to delivering exceptional food and standards of service.
At Ubiquitous Chip we value all our staff. This is a great place to work, our teams are close knit and we work together to always go the extra mile for our staff and customers.
Rate of pay: £27,000 per annum
- stock control