- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You’ll do more thanthe expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Focus areas include creating industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our first-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to create digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for a Product Manager to help expand our Intelligent Automation & Messaging Platform to international markets and help manage the bot content strategy across markets. The person taking this role will define product features, shape the customer experience, articulate and deliver requirements, lead customer testing and evolve the product backlog. The Product Manager will represent the product with internal and external audiences, acting as the main point of contact with any partner product teams. Product Managers at American Express play a central role identifying customer needs, building unique experiences, and leading teams across the company to launch digital products.
- Define new product features, scope, and functions to enable our AI ‘bots’ in international markets
- Serve as a ‘conversational architect’, using UX research, language analysis, psychological understanding, and script writing to craft customer facing AI bots in international markets
- Provide consulting to international markets on content creation, including content verification and approval processes
- Partner with engineering and design to define user stories, guide product definition, and conduct user testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to shepherd your product through the development process, advocating to create the best outcomes
- Coordinate across teams to launch products and features, managing in-market products post-launch
- Obtain feedback on the product, using data, analytics, and customer input, to iterate and drive improvements in future releases
- Define the product roadmap and prioritize the backlog
- Lead product relationship with international markets, partners, merchants, and vendors
- Maintain pulse on external digital product development trends and marketplace dynamics to inform continuous product evolution
Offer of employmentwith American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of abackground verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
We areseeking a Product Manager with a passion for digital, a clear focus on thecustomer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity anddirection across teams. The Manager's main focus will be to experiment, test,and launch new digital products at American Express. The Product Manager willdeftly collaborate with external customers and internal teams, partnering withengineers to deliver product enhancements and grow adoption.
- Enthusiasm for exceptional productsand services, able to empathize with customers, and skilled at articulation ofproduct functionality
- Experience working with softwaredevelopers, engineers and architects, with a strong ability to translateproduct requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are builtwith high quality
- Curiosity and hunger to know howthings work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and findopportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- Determination to get to the bestoutcome for our customers, both Card Members and Merchants
- Detail oriented, able to identifykey questions, make product decisions and assess how pieces of the puzzleinteract and affect the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly anddetermine how to get a resolution through creative and effective problemsolving
- Excellent communication skills acrossdistributed and global teams with ability to engage, influence, and inspirepartners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized, taking individualinitiative and accountability for getting results
- Preferred, but not required,experience in new product development, product management, or similar role
- Preferred, but not required,University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Employment eligibility to work withAmerican Express in the U.K. is required as the company will not pursue visasponsorship for this position.
AmericanExpress is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any otherstatus protected by law.
AmericanExpress’ heritage was