- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Strategic Account Manager (SAM) – Life Sciences
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management. We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will have a proven track record selling technology and information solutions to Pharmaceutical companies. A dynamic self-starter who has the ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a complex global organization. The post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective global account strategy through collaboration with Strategic Account Team members, the Custom Solution Team & Customer Training. A strong communicator to both senior management and scientific end users in addition to the ability to clearly articulate an in depth understanding of our Product, Platform and Solution capabilities will be essential for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To achieve/exceed territory revenue plan
- Devise overall strategy for each assigned account, collaboration with global services and product pre-sales teams as well as and other support functions (Strategic Marketing, Product Management, etc…)
- To maintain existing subscriber base through renewals and to grow revenues from within existing accounts.
- To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of Clarivate products and to keep that knowledge up-to-date
- To liaise effectively with internal departments (Product Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department) to maximise sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new Clarivate analytics services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- To plan and execute extensive travel activities (up to 50%) in order to extend client networks and drive business
- To developed complex solution-based business propositions including both product and professional services offerings
- To maintain Salesforce CRM system
- To accurately maintain monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A keen ability to extend the customer contact base through to new business channels and to develop the strategic alignment to customer.
- Appropriate granular knowledge and understanding of the Drug Development business and its key drivers, able to present an appreciation of the competitive landscape of the Pharma sectors.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers through a conscientious and driven approach with excellent customer management skills. - Commercial acumen; with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers and an understanding of the role of customer training as an integral part of the sales process
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customer contacts, from Heads of Information, Research & Development, Informatics and Regulatory within large/medium size Pharma organisations
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner
- Well organised and disciplined team player in regard to policy, procedure and standards.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environment
- Degree (BA level) equivalent or higher within Life Sciences is desirable
- 3-5 years of experience selling professional and content services preferred
- Language skills: English required. European language skills desired but not essential
- Driving license
It is the policy ofClarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
About the company
Clarivate Analytics is a company that owns and operates a collection of subscription-based services focused largely on analytics, including scientific and academic research, patent analytics, regulatory standards, trademark protection, pharmaceutical and biotechnology intelligence, domain brand protection and intellectual property management.