- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Working as part of a wider Purchasing Team, as a Strategic Buyer some of your responsibilities will include:
- Negotiates contracts and long term agreements, and establishes Frame Contracts /blanket orders that may include consignment stock / VMI, price improvements. Contribute to cost down targets of 5% over the next 3 years.
- Manage purchase orders within the ERP system.
- Reviews requisitions and aligns with other departments regarding e. g. requirements, specifications, quantity, delivery requirements and payment terms. Evaluates, recommends and implements alternate suppliers where a savings in cost or improved delivery will result.
- Actively participates in New Product Development project representing the sourcing organisation
- Actively participates in annual budget process providing new standard costs and prices
- Sourcing system maintenance and updates to insure integrity of data.
- Drives savings and supply chain improvements (e.g. lead-time, lot sizes, reduction of Nr. of suppliers) in order to realise best purchasing prices.
- Leads and drives projects The Successful Applicant
The successful Strategic Buyer will be
- Self-motivated and able to drive self performance.
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Ideally have a Bachelor's degree in a technical, accounting, or other business discipline, or equivalent education combined with relevant job experience.
- Demonstrated strong experience in Sourcing/Purchasing and/or Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management.
- ERP system experience SAP R/3 knowledge (MM) is a plus. Strong Negotiation and MS Office skills
- ms project