- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Strategic Intel Analyst - 90226310
Posting Range:19 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Strategic Intelligence Analyst
This Strategic Intelligence is a Senior Analyst-role, primarily aimed at enabling situational awareness on current and future threats relevant to Barclays. This involves forwarding looking research on strategic threats, macro-level incident review of common trends and control weaknesses, and integrating intelligence into various functions and forums across Barclays to ensure current and future threats are accounted for.
What will you be doing?
• Provide Cyber Intelligence Analysis Capability to Cyber Security Operational teams
• Develop and drive relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders and external partners, officials and peers, including Vulnerability Management, CISO teams and CSO Resilience to integrate intelligence into business practices supporting an Intelligence Driven Defence (IDD) methodology
• Technical analysis of information in order to generate actionable intelligence to prevent attacks against Barclays
• Analysis of multiple data feeds to provide timely, actionable intelligence and reporting
• Conduct Intelligence Investigations and extrapolate adversary tools, techniques and procedures
• Deliver forward looking, predictive horizon scanning intelligence to inform the business of the development of the threat
• Lead the collection of, analyse and report on statistical threat data from internal and external sources to inform Executive Management and BU CISO decision making processes concerning threat and risk mitigation and management
• Report on findings through different mediums, including in writing, personal briefings and presentations, both in internal and external forums, to a wide variety of audiences, ranging from highly technical teams to executive management.
What we’re looking for:
• Understanding of modern Cyber Security threats: Espionage, Cyber Crime, Hacktivism and Insider Threat
• Knowledge of recent enterprise security network architectures and the principles of network security
• Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, customers, colleagues and subordinates
• Understanding of modern cyber security threat vectors including social engineering, malware, denial of service attacks etc
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Extensive experience in working in the Information Security Industry
• Extensive experience in the identification, handling, development and dissemination and reporting of information/intelligence.
• Experience in reporting effectively to senior management
• Strong networking skills with internal and external stakeholders
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.