- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Village (Caterham) Located in Caterham Village, the Village Animal Hospital occupies what was the Sergeant’s Mess Hall in the redeveloped army barracks, and is a fully equipped Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Tier 3 Hospital offering a high standard of care, with four full-time vets and the support of qualified veterinary nurses. We also have practices in Merstham, Smallfield and Tanhouse.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at The Village Animal Hospital for an additional Supervisory Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly and experienced team.
Our ideal candidate would be a great team player, and who wishes to work up cases to a high standard, working closely with their clients to establish the best approach and course of action for each individual case and offering gold standard treatment to all cases. We would love someone with a surgical bias to join us, as we have the caseload to support a Certificate, which we are also happy to fund for the right candidate.
- An RCVS accredited busy small animal hospital and 3 branch practices in Surrey countryside and within easy reach of London.
- A dedicated, experienced and friendly 9 vet team including certificate holders in medicine, surgery and ophthalmology and 2 vets currently studying for certificates in imaging and medicine. We believe in and genuinely support clinical and personal development.
- We are very well equipped; with digital x-rays, digital dental x-rays, Doppler ultrasound machine endoscopy, TTA kit, a tonopen and an extensive on-site lab.
- Nurse training practice. Our longstanding, motivated team of RVNs hold nurse clinics, maintain high clinical standards and have worked to referral level.
- We take pride in working cases up to a high standard, and offer every client ‘gold standard' care.
- No out-of-hours, enabling a great work-life balance You are:
- A vet who is a passionate team player with great communication skills
- A vet who enjoys interacting with clients, working up cases and striving for first class patient and client care
- A vet who is interested in improving clinical standards by mentoring new graduates and being involved in clinical governance We offer:
- A salary of £55k to £60k, DOE
- A lucrative and achievable profit-share bonus
- Fully encouraged and generously funded CPD allowance; including funding for a certificate
- 5 weeks holiday and Bank Holidays
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- The option to purchase an additional 2 weeks with our buy/ sell holiday scheme
- A range of flexible benefits, including Perkbox, Gymflex and discounted pet services
- Company pension scheme
- RCVS and VDS fees covered
- Accommodation potentially available Is this the role for you? Please apply today.