- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Supplier Management Team Lead - 90238321
:18 Jul 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Supplier Management Team Leader (VP)
The role holder will have overall accountability for managing specific elements of the current & future performance of one of the group’s strategic 3rd party suppliers providing services to Barclays.
In addition may also be accountable for managing other (operational) suppliers and, in some instances, a number of regulators & internal suppliers. All elements of agreed cost, service, risk, regulatory requirements to be achieved.
What will you be doing?
• Act as the key point of contact for the supplier regarding service performance ensuring accurate demand forecasts are provided in line with contractual agreements, monitoring and reporting performance metrics as required.
• Define and deliver a value adding service improvement plan to ensure delivery of ‘best in class’ service to the group, setting challenging but achievable targets aligned to agreed business requirements.
• Proactively manage the relationship with internal clients (and external where applicable) to define and agree robust business requirements and demand profiles with clear cost, service & risk metrics.
• Perform performance reviews with the supplier / clients to ensure visibility of the service performance, providing a forum for the escalation of any issues.
• Ensure all regulatory / industry requirements are clearly articulated and delivered.
• Proactively identify, mitigate & manage the service & supplier risks, undertaking all required risk / rigor activities, maintaining fully tested controls & business continuity plans.
• Manage the relationship with regulators and industry bodies.
• Undertake resolution of all operational issues which impact (or have the potential to impact) service performance, taking steps to avoid reoccurrence.
• Undertake rigorous financial control, managing the budget to ensure financial targets are achieved.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate should have background in Service or Supplier Management disciplines and have experience working with 3rd party suppliers and managing a team of colleagues. In addition, the candidate should have strong personal development and relationship building skills with the ability to generate value through continuous improvement and working closely with stakeholders.
The candidate should also be agile and adaptable and have the ability to be flexible in picking up additional responsibility to support the team
• Comprehensive knowledge of the services being delivered
• Understanding of Barclays (or industry equivalent) service, supply, cost, risk methodologies
• Financial disciplines; managing demand, forecasting, budgetary process
• Managing performance of large / strategic 3rd party supplier
• Generating / delivering value from 3rd party sourced arrangements
• Leading & developing a team
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Industry / market knowledge of the sector
• Knowledge of Barclays business areas, key priorities & challenges
• Understanding of cost, risk & service parameters
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.