- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You'll have overview of supplier capacity to ensure Manufacturing needs are met. Working alongside the Strategic Sourcing Manager, and reporting to the Senior Manager of Procurement, you'll use your Supplier Relationship Management experience you will liaise internally with Buyers to ensure forecasts for Business Reviews with suppliers as well as Monitoring costs, evaluating vendor reliability and the development of the company's strategic commodity objectives and goals.
Like you, we know the importance of your role and offer you a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are encouraged to continually develop your skills and knowledge.
Your customers are at the forefront of genetics and NGS, helping to deliver advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. If you want to push boundaries and join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, then please get in touch.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overview of supplier capacity to ensure the supplier can meet the needs of manufacturing facilities
- Liaise with responsible Buyer to ensure forecasts for Business Reviews with supplier
- Provides oversight of inventory at planned levels (i.e., Just in Time purchases, use of EOQ - Economic Order Quantities)
- Is the first line escalation point to resolves discrepancies with suppliers
- Ensures material standards are met and non-conformances or variances are approved and/or minimized
- Supports buyer to resolve any Trade Compliance or logistical issues
- Develops specifications for new contract orders in collaboration with LCM and development
- Gathers quotations, examines bids and makes awards
- Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value
- Evaluates vendor reliability and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive
- Contribute to the development of the company's strategic commodity objectives and goals
- Acquire and maintain a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in Illumina's products, parts and services
- Forms teams with other departments (Procurement, Legal, Quality, Regulatory, and Development) to effectively address business and risk mitigation issues for inclusion into Illumina standard contract template.
- Gather data from key ILMN contributors (buyer, quality, technical, development) and ILMN systems (SAP, ETQ, Quickbase) to develop presentations for regular Business Reviews with Suppliers
- Deliver regular Business Reviews based on need and provide feedback to both the supplier and internal Illumina parties
- Monitor risk and performance of suppliers and feedback internally and externally to resolve any issues
- Negotiate business T & C's relating to: forecast process, inventory strategies, lead times, price reduction and other strategic issues with key suppliers
- Manage list of critical suppliers for contract implementation and timelines for completion.
- Reports contract status to teams and management
- Negotiates supply contracts with suppliers based on template agreements and in collaboration with Legal, SSMs and other key parties
- Support Development and other relevant departments with the contractual requirements of new projects - SOWs, CDAs, Development Agreements, Service Agreements
- Provide support to Development projects on Supply Chain aspects e.g. determining appropriate type of PO, logistics etc.
- Monitors the critical contract review, extension and termination terms and dates
- Help to develop a simplified contract template for managing basic price and delivery agreements with Legal
- Manage and implement periodic supply agreement changes and updates
Preferred Skills, Experience and Educational Background:
- Demonstrable Supplier Relationship Management experience
- Substantial experience in materials management/purchasing, preferably in a manufacturing environment in life sciences
- A background in science is preferable but not necessary
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment and proven familiarity with applicable regulations
- Experience working in an ERP environment
- Experience negotiating terms with internal and external business partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners, suppliers, and regional teams at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to lead and co-develop strategies and solutions with business partners and suppliers
- Strong analytical skills to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into proposals and actions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in the sciences sector
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.