- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £90,000.00 - £100,000.00 gross per year
Leading consumer product & beauty company that supplies to well-known retailers and brands worldwide is recruiting for a Supply Chain Director to join their Executive Leadership Team.
As Supply Chain Director you will set, agree, implement and deliver the company’s supply chain and operational strategy, ensuring that the business has in place at all times highly effective operational processes, controls and reporting procedures, which in turn will drive efficiency and excellence, resulting in the delivery of a world-class supply chain solution for clients.
To achieve this, you must contribute to the development of the overarching organisational strategy and provide strong, effective leadership and management to the Purchasing & Logistics, Supplier Management, Quality Assurance and Social Responsibility teams.
This truly is a fantastic company to be part of. They offer excellent perks and benefits to the team and a huge amount of trust and autonomy. They are an established business with a modern, forward-thinking mentality that is experiencing a continued period of growth.
Duties, responsibilities and areas of accountability
- Accountable for setting, agreeing, implementing and delivering a clear and compelling Supply Chain strategy for the two business units, with a strong focus on strategic inventory planning, enhancing operating efficiencies and company profitability.
- Oversee, direct and organise the Purchasing & Logistics, Supplier Management, Quality Assurance and Social Responsibility teams, ensuring their ownership of projects, targets and deliverables, maximising company gross margins whilst meeting inventory and critical path goals.
- Responsible for nurturing and strengthening supplier relationships, ensuring the company receives excellent and consistent service levels, resulting in highly competitive pricing, fast to market lead-times and favourable trading terms.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial, Finance and IT Directors to set budgets, deliver on agreed operating profit and inventory targets and continue our journey on digitising our supply chain processes through our bespoke operating system.
- Anticipate and plan for challenges within complex Asian, European and American supply chains, limiting risk and exposure.
- Coach individuals and teams to success, ensuring the company’s culture and values are regularly communicated and protected.
- Ensure that the departments’ current and future talent needs are met and that critical skills as well as career paths and succession plans are in place.
- Work with the senior leadership team to communicate the organisational vision and ensure that staff members understand how their daily tasks feed into the attainment of the vision.
- Contribute to defining and communicating the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) to grow and embed the brand and culture and drive retention
Qualifications & prior experience:
- Relevant academic and professional supply chain qualifications.
- Proven and successful experience in a similar role, working at Head of Supply Chain, Supply Chain Director or similar.
- Proven record in building, improving and managing complex supply chains, including within Asia.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with previous P&L responsibility.
- Proven record of leading successful teams across both UK and Asia offices.
- Track record of managing senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Confident and credible in front of senior management and have a solutions focused mind set.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and willing to make a change in this amazing business.
- Operational Strategy
- Inventory Planning
- Solutions Focused
- operating system