- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location: Sutton, Greater London, SM1
Salary: £27,067 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date for Applications: 5th August 2019
Encompass is a local authority trading company wholly owned by the London Borough of Sutton. We deliver a wide range of services including Advice and Information, Homelessness Prevention, Choice Based Lettings, Landlord Services, Support Brokerage, Shared Lives, Business Development and Support, and Digital Innovation.
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join our organisation as a Support Brokerage and Shared Lives Advisor / Care coordinator.
Support Broker - The Role:
The post is within the Brokerage team, who arrange care for customers in their own homes or in residential care at the request of Social Workers for Sutton Council.
Based in Sutton, you will be part of dynamic team that manages the micro-commissioning of placements, packages and services on behalf of residents who have social care needs.
The role entails collaborative working with Sutton’s Social Work teams and other internal teams in ensuring a smooth transition for users in need of support or care.
- Deliver service activities, to ensure intended outcomes for customers and the Council are delivered within agreed service standards.
- Identify and implement improvements in own work area in order to deliver continuous service improvement and improved outcomes to customers.
- Liaise with customers to review service requirements and resolve problems.
- Provide advice and support to customers using Encompass LATC procedures and policies
- Be creative and constantly innovate to meet clients and service user needs in new and better ways.
- Input and maintain financial information using internal systems and liaise with other finance departments and processing teams as appropriate
- Manage the throughput of work via a duty system that includes telephone enquiries, emails and direct referrals via the Social services client record system Mosaic
- To be responsible for the assessing of customer’s circumstances and identify any potential barriers in accessing appropriate services
- Find and facilitate access to accommodation and support as appropriate to assessed needs in support plans
- Ensure that appropriate person-centred arrangements are in place that match the support plans and meet the needs of the customer
- Ensure a speedy and positive response to customer enquiries and standards of arrangements meet customer needs
- Help build a thorough knowledge of all services available in order to offer the best advice to customers to meet their needs
- Promote the uptake of Direct payments in collaboration with the commissioned support service set up to administer them
- Refer quality or safeguarding issues to the manager or appropriate team or agency
- Ensure accurate records are kept in helping meet the Performance Indicators set
Support Broker - Candidate Specification:
- Knowledge of the 2014 Care Act & the 2005 Mental Capacity Act and the added amendment the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Significant experience of the Care Sector / adult social care and customer care environment
- Knowledge of the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) legislation and associated policies.
- Demonstrate a customer-focused attitude, showing empathy and understanding with a desire to resolve issues and find solutions to maximise the options and opportunities available to customers.
- Able to understand needs and motivations and manage expectations through negotiation and influence.
- Able to build positive relationships and work effectively and cooperatively with others, respecting difference and embracing diversity, challenging inequality and poor behaviour, be open to new ideas and act on feedback.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally using communication styles that are appropriate to different people and situations.
- Able to organise and monitor the progression of tasks and activities, progressing work in a timely manner and changing priorities to achieve expected outcomes and deadlines.
- Able to be responsible for own learning, growth and actions, striving to reach a high level of personal achievement to contribute to the Company success and personal development.
- Able to contribute to and maintain accurate records using appropriate IT systems.
- Comfortable engaging with service users and their families/carers.
Encompass LATC Ltd is located in a newly refurbished office in the heart of Sutton Town Centre, with good transport links
- Flexible working options available
- Accredited Brokerage Programme
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Annual leave entitlement of 23 days plus Bank Holidays
- Ability to purchase annual leave
- Vast range of benefits, including discounts from a number of retailers and services
All post holders must have the right to work in the UK and will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service check as well as other employment clearances.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.
- Support worker
- Care worker
- Social care