- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location: Islington, Fairmead Road- additional travel between nearby schemes to offer support.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: 2 week rota. Week 1: 8-4 Monday-Thursday, off Friday, 10-6 Saturday & Sunday. Week 2: Monday off, 12-8 Tuesday-Friday, weekend off. Monday and Friday shift are lone working shifts with the following times: 10-6.
Are you caring and compassionate and looking to make a difference to people lives?
We are looking to recruit a Support Officer to join us at our Islington based supported housing service for young people with complex needs. From day you will work as part of a small, close-knit team to provide exceptional support and prepare the clients for independent living and a positive move on.
- Carry out assessment to identify and prioritise needs
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Develop and maintain positive links with clients and key stakeholders
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education and work What we can offer you:
- 28 days annual leave
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service. Skills and experience:
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and young adults with complex needs
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage with, and respect the needs of, vulnerable people
- To work on a seven day rota, which includes evenings and weekends
- To manage and maintain administration and recording systems
- To comply with policies & procedures, including: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care About us:
One Support, part of One Housing, provide support to a wide range of people, including young people, people with mental health problems, ex-offenders, and people with substance misuse problems. We provide services to people living in our properties, and also in their own homes – not necessarily those owned by One Housing. Our services include Floating Support, Supported Housing, Mental Health services and Young People’s services.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply now to avoid missing out!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.