- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Adullam Housing are looking for a Support Worker to join their team in Sheffield.
Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: £17,550 per annum following a successful 6 months’ probationary period
Location: Based in Sheffield
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Support Worker – About Us:
As a values based organisation all employees contribute to the maintenance and development of our values, culture and ethos by articulating and demonstrating them to build a staff culture where every person feels empowered and valued. We have recently been re-awarded the Investors in People Silver award. Adullam was formed in 1972 and we are a not for profit organisation working in the community with vulnerable and excluded people from a diverse range of backgrounds providing support through a variety of high quality housing, support and advice services.
We have a great opportunity for a Support Worker within our Sheffield Foundations Service, which works with people with complex mental health conditions.
Support Worker – You:
- You will have experience of working with people with mental ill health and be passionate about encouraging and coaching individuals to manage their lives & fulfil their potential.
- Specifically, you will have an understanding of the barriers and issues our clients face in terms of housing and tenancy issues.
- You will also need to possess good written and verbal communication skills, IT skills together with great organisational and time management abilities.
- Above all, you will be committed to achieving great positive outcomes for our clients.
Support Worker – Benefits:
If you can relate to our values of “integrity and fairness, valuing the individual and striving for excellence” and can help others to help themselves, you will gain a great deal from working with us. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes;
- Starting salary of £16,673 rising to £17,550 after successful probation period
- 5 weeks’ holiday (excluding bank holidays) rising to 6 weeks after service
- 2 additional days holiday per year available based on attendance
- Westfield Heath Cash Plan
- Death in service policy
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity pay and paternity pay.
To submit your CV for this exciting opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ today! To strengthen your application for this role please include a covering letter / paragraph explaining how you meet the role criteria.
The closing date is 9am, Friday 26th July 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email, so please ensure your email address is on your CV.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
At Adullam we celebrate diversity and offer opportunities for all – the only difference we see is the difference you can make.