- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £9.50 - £10.00 gross per hour
Teaching Personnel are working with a Special Educational Needs school in Alton who are looking for Support Assistants to support their pupils who have physical needs.
About the School:
The school cater for children and young adults up to the age of 23 years old with physical difficulties, including muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy. There are residential homes on the school site, and staff will be required to support within the classrooms as well as in the homes.
You will need to have previous experience working with children or adults with additional needs. You will need to be prepared to undergo relevant training such as manual handling and safeguarding. A friendly and bubbly personality and a resilient nature will be very well received within the school.
- Assist in implementing all aspects of individual care plans.
- Must be comfortable carrying out personal care.
- Must have previous experience working in healthcare, or with Special Needs individuals.
- Be prepared to undergo additional training as required.
- The pupils are encouraged to work independently, so patience is essential.
- A positive and friendly disposition, and the ability to build relationships with the pupils.
This is a lovely school, who really invest in the pupils that are in attendance, through all aspects of their daily life. In order to ensure that each pupil thrives, the school need the right staff to aid their pupil's development and dedicate themselves to the task at hand.
For any further information on this role, please do not hesitate to contact me on , and send any CV's with a covering letter to
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.