- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Dove Resourcing is supporting a specialist therapeutic childcare provider in Derbyshire to attract Senior Residential Child care workers for their small occupancy EBD children’s homes in the region of Derbyshire.
The organisation has a cluster of services across the East Midlands and places significant emphasis on their therapy services and holistic approach to supporting young people with challenging behaviours.
The organisation provides young people whom have found it difficult in mainstream education the opportunity to attend specialist education provisions in the area.
There is good investment in developing their staff and progression of staff from within the organisation, many of their current registered managers have progressed through the ranks with the support of completing relevant NVQ training.
As a Senior Residential Care worker you will be responsible for the following tasks;
* Take shift leading responsibilities – helping to ensure the home complies with all aspects of the Children’s Act surpasses National Minimum care standards
* Promote and deliver good childcare practice.
* Assist in maintaining a clean home environment.
* Build and maintain relationships with young residents, with their welfare central to practice.
* To learn and have an understanding of each individual care plan.
* Support junior members of the staff team and deliver guidance regarding policies/procedures.
* Support and partake in activities with the young people.
To be considered you will be;
* An experienced residential childcare worker with experience of working with young people with challenging behaviours
* Hold a level 3 NVQ / QCF – Children and young people workforce or equivalent (social work degree)
* A car driver with a full UK driving license
* An individual with a child centred ethos to their work – a belief in a thorough matching process.
All staff within the organisation up to Manager level work on a shift / rota basis – this is on a 1 on 2 off basis, full day shifts followed by a sleep in.
Salary is between £22,000 - £24,500 per annum, this is dependent on experience and shifts. (Please note all salaries are inclusive of sleep in payments)
This is a full time permanent opportunity with the successful applicant being subject to referencing and a DBS check.
If you’re on the lookout for a Senior Residential Childcare Worker position, please do get in touch with Millie Parker at Dove Resourcing.
Dove Resourcing is a specialist social care recruitment agency working exclusively with care staff seeking permanent jobs in the care sector. We work throughout the UK supplying staff to both adult children’s care organisations from support workers to registered manager’s – so if you are considering a move, or if you just want to keep an eye on the market, do get in touch for a confidential conversation
Role: Support Worker
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Derby, Derbyshire,
Apply for this job now.