- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
Fancy a job where you can be a superhero without having to wear a cape?
Ever thought of becoming a support worker?
We are looking for support workers to join the dedicated and hard working teams at our residential and supported living services. We provide support to wonderful individuals with learning disabilities and conditions such as Autism, Aspergers, Down's Syndrome, Epilepsy etc. Please click on the link above to find out more about this particular service (if you're viewing this via a job board, click to apply and you'll come to our Careers Portal where you can find out all about us).
You don’t need to have experience in health and social care, but you do need to be passionate about what you do and show compassion and kindness towards the people we support.
Being a support worker is not just about personal care. In fact, it’s only a small part of it. For example, T needs support making her cup of tea in the morning, while B has a new found love of gardening so will need support in bringing his ideas to life in the garden. How about supporting F to organise her holiday or empowering C to join the social evening in the local pub?
Brent Road is a supported living service for adults aged 18-40 with mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or behaviours that may challenge. The specialist supported living service aims to develop person centred plans and individualised health action plans that promote increased choice, control and independence.
Individuals will be encouraged to be supportive of each other and develop their personal network of informal support. They will also have the opportunity to become involved in a variety of educational, social and healthy living activities.
Does this sound like something you could do?
Your duties will include:
- Supporting individuals to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
- Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of the people we support.
- Encouraging individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities. And, of course, you need to ensure that the dignity and choice of the people we support is preserved at all times.
We are not an agency - you will be working for Achieve together as part of our amazing team, and will benefit from our in-house learning and development opportunites right throughout your career. You'll work at one service, not driving from client to client, so you'll form a close bond with the people you support and your colleagues (and be paid for your entire day's work).
If this sounds like you - apply now!
Why work for Achieve together?
In addition to your salary, our benefits package includes:
- a pension scheme
- paid annual leave
- reward/recognition schemes
- a generous staff discount and benefits scheme
- excellent opportunities for career progression
- many services have a 10p per hour salary increment after 1 and 2 years in role Once you choose to apply you will be asked to create an account with us. This will only take a moment and will allow us to contact you regarding the vacancy and enable you to track the progress of your application. We are not an agency and won't share your details with any other companies.