- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £8.50 - £11.00 gross per hour
Are you a confident and experienced Support Worker? Are you looking for flexible hours to fit around a busy lifestyle?
If so, Dean Healthcare are looking for you.
We are recruiting for experienced Support Workers to join our Gloucester branch. We have ad-hoc and flexible work available to all workers. You will be working in supported living establishments, residential homes and within 1-1 or 2-1 support environments. You must be confident and work using your own initiative, putting the client at the centre of all you do.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Providing personal care
- Using moving and handling equipment, such as stand aids, manual and tracking hoists.
- Promoting independence and empowering the individuals you are working with. As well as encouraging the learning of positive life skills.
- Supporting individuals to access their local communities, such as attending appointments, day centres and helping with activities.
- Mentoring and acting as a companion to those who may need support and guidance with social aspects of their life.
The service users may have learning difficulties, mental health conditions, physical disabilities, Autism, Asperger’s and Acquired Brain Injuries. An understanding of some or all of these conditions would be beneficial.
- All candidates MUST have a minimum of 9 month’s experience in a similar field
- Driving is essential due to the rural locations
- Must be competent with providing personal care and using moving and handling equipment
- Have a caring nature and a passion for person centred delivery
- Has the right to live and work in the UK
- All positions are offered to satisfactory references and DBS
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing training and development
- Ability to accrue holiday as you work
- Permanent and flexible hours contract available
- Temporary to permanent opportunities available
- Recommend a friend scheme paying £100/£200 per successful referral (Ts&Cs apply)
- Local consultant and branch support team available 24/7, 365 days a year
If you are interested in the above role and have the relevant experience, please apply with your CV below.
- Mental Health
- Support Workers
- Supported Living