- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £9.20 - £10.00 gross per hour
Support Workers needed for adult services in Renfrewshire & Glasgow
A leading charity has an immediate need for experienced Support Workers to join them on a temporary basis. They work with people who have learning or physical disabilities, autism and sensory impairment.
As a support working you will be working on a full-time ongoing contract in Glasgow providing support to service users with complex needs. You will be carrying out one-to-one support plans and helping users to live as independent a life as possible. You will carry out advice on housing, benefits and carry out daily tasks such as shopping, personal care and organised outings. You will be the first point of contact enabling and advocating towards independence.
Successful candidates must have
- A minimum of six months social care experience gained within the last 2 years
- A minimum of SVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- The ability to register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting the post (if not already registered)
- A caring and compassionate nature and a real understanding of the social care sector and its challenges
Hays Social Care can offer
- A competitive hourly rate paid on a weekly basis
- Continual training support
- A dedicated local point of contact who can offer advice on CV writing
- £250.00 'Refer a Friend Scheme' (conditions apply)
If you are interested in this position then please apply with your most recent CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss any other opportunities in the social care sector, then please contact Lorraine Easton on 0141 212 3663.
- social work