- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Surveyor - Development and Valuation Consultancy
About the firm
Montagu Evans has been providing expert advice in the property sector for nearly 100 years.
We are proud of that heritage - just as we are proud of our reputation as a highly professional
firm of chartered surveyors and property consultants. We do not stand still and are forever
adapting, constantly looking at innovative ways to service our clients and deliver forward
Through our office network we are involved in some of the largest commercial, residential and
mixed-use property projects in the UK today. Partners at Montagu Evans have a hands-on
style of working and are personally involved at all stages of a project - from inception to
completion and beyond - making critical decisions that ensure the best possible outcome for
our clients each and every time. We are totally committed and always direct. In a world where
loyalty is rare, our approach has enabled client relationships to be formed and maintained for
This is what drives us: putting our clients first. It's why we remain a partnership. With continuity
amongst our partners and staff we really can offer the best possible service based on a stable
and sustainable partnership ethos.
About the role
The role will involve working on key national infrastructure projects, town centre and
brownfield regeneration schemes and in conjunction with site specific development
This will give you experience across all sectors of the market, and a wide variety of
businesses affected by regeneration schemes.
This will provide significant all round valuation experience and the ability to enhance
technical knowledge and experience in a rapidly expanding area of work and with the
opportunity to work directly with clients and fellow consultants.
Working with key clients, you would have exposure to the following:
- Infrastructure - HS2, Network Rail, Transport for London
- Local authorities - Bromley, Lewisham and Thurrock.
- Private sector land owners and occupiers – for example, Legal & General,
Lendlease, Sainsbury’s, McDonalds, Specsavers and Alliance Boots.
Reports to: Partner- Development and Infrastructure Consultancy
Location: 5 Bolton St, London W1J 8BA
- Undertaking valuations to Market Value for both Red Book and Land Compensation
Act purposes. Valuation of rights, easements and restrictive covenants.
- Assessments of site value using development appraisals and associated software.
- Business valuations and relocation based appraisals.
- Report writing and formulation of compensation claims
- Assisting with dispute resolution processes and the drafting of Expert reports.
- Negotiating claims including value, cost and loss based assessments.
- Undertaking cost estimates for land assembly purposes and working up acquisition
- Working closely with fellow consultants including solicitors, accountants, project
managers and engineers. Close liaison with and reporting to in-house property teams.
- Valuation of standing investments and development sites for both acquisition and
disposal purposes, including appraisals using Argus Investor and Argus Developer
- Valuation of rights, including marriage and ransom value assessments;
- Claim preparation and negotiation on behalf of owners and occupiers;
- Responding to claims and advising acquiring authorities on appropriate compensation
- Preparing Property Costs Estimates and Land Acquisition Strategies
- Engagement and consultation with affected interested parties on behalf of acquiring
- Attending client meetings and site inspections – for acquiring authorities and claimants
- One year Qualified Surveyor as a minimum.
- Technical knowledge in the field of compulsory purchase and compensation, including
Statute and Case Law (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to competently use Argus Investor and Argus Developer software
- Strong research and reporting skills for both capital value and goodwill disturbance
- Organisational and project management skills to manage large long-running projects
such as HS2 and communicate effectively.
- Ability to liaise and work with fellow professionals such as lawyers, project managers,
engineers and accountants, as well as, public sector bodies, small business and
individuals (home owners).
- Negotiation skills to bring about resolution to claims.
- Flexible and able to manage and advance a number of cases simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with high service delivery.
- Committed and organised.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages.
How to apply: Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Quoting reference Number 59 in the subject title on the email.