- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Bees
To help teach and coach people of all ages and abilities to develop swimming skills, technique and confidence in the water.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards swimming
- Good communicator
- The ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers
- Perseverance and patience
- The ability to encourage people and put them at ease
- To plan and deliver lessons ensuring adherence to the scheme of work and lesson plans
- Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly
- Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments
- Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
- Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer
- Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming
- Set ground rules for each session
- To follow NOP and EAP as set out by the pool manager / School
- Evaluate sessions and give feedback
- Regularly assess each participant’s ability and progress and arrange for the award of the appropriate certificates
- To constantly update, manage and complete your registers
- Organise and supervise assistants and helpers as directed by the Swimming Coordinator
- Work alongside the Pool manager, other Swimming Teachers to ensure that participants are able to swim in a safe and clean environment.
- To attend regular meetings and monthly training
Qualifications & Experience
- To agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with STA policies, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
- All swimming teachers/coaches must have achieved or be willing to work towards the following qualifications.
- RLSS national pool lifeguard qualification
- ASA/STA Level 1 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics
- ASA/ STA Level 1 Certificate for Coaching Swimming Completing a qualification at level 1 will qualify you to support fully-qualified teachers/coaches.
Job Type: Part-time