- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
System Engineer DevOps - 90224972
Posting Range:5 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Consumer Technology - ETL/Big Data Senior Developer
Barclays are hiring a talented Senior ETL/Big Data Developer!
As a Senior ETL/Big Data Developer at Barclays you'll design scalable and secure engineering solutions that will be leveraged by colleague and customer facing applications. You work collaboratively with a cross-functional teams of web and database developers, Business Intelligence designers, architects, business analysts and infrastructure engineers.
If this looks of interest, please read on!
What will you be doing?
• You will provide technically sound solutions for the ingestion, storage and presentation of enterprise data including ETL design, data storage strategies, data access and security.
• You will drive the design of scalable solutions while considering all recoverable and resiliency requirements.
• You will employ agile techniques such as task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and continuous integration to enhance overall execution speed and product quality.
• You will convert source to target mappings into ETL code.
• You’ll translate file layout specifications including EBCDIC, fixed length, delimited and JSON.
• You’ll collaborate with the data modelers and contribute to the physical data model design
What we’re looking for:
• Passion for programming and software development
• Strong experience in development experience in ETL tools like Datastage / Abinitio / Informatica
• Expert knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem is a must – Cloudera distribution is preferred
• Working knowledge / hands-on experience of all Hadoop components mainly HDFS, Zookeeper, YARN, HBASE, Hive, Impala
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent Communication skills, articulate and detail oriented.
• Strong Stakeholder management ability, experienced in managing high severity incidents and working under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – team player and able to mentor junior members of the team.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.