- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £65,000.00 - £85,000.00 gross per year
- Milton Keynes
Our client is currently looking for a hands-on Systems Architect who will be responsible for ensuring that architectural solutions for their OSS/BSS systems meet business requirements and are achievable within resource and infrastructure constraints. Reporting directly to the Head of Systems and Development, the Systems Architect will have both an in-depth knowledge of networking topologies and systems architecture.
This role will include some hands-on development of BSS and OSS systems and act as a subject matter expert to provide assistance to development teams. The Architect will work closely with teams across the business, collecting detailed requirements and taking those requirements through the full development lifecycle, delivering complete working systems.
• Working within a small team, the Systems Architect with ensure that OSS / BSS architectural solutions / systems meet the company’s system requirements for robustness, reliability and cost-effectiveness: that architectural solutions are viable, pragmatic and are aligned to an architectural / business strategy.
• Technical Lead in all our software design & implementations, with experience of cloud and on-premise system architecture.
• OSS / BSS integration, responsible for the interaction / automation between all of their partner systems.
• Responsible for making sure any 3rd party solutions / development commissioned are fit for purpose and adhere to company standards
• Technical understanding of today’s environment as well as keeping abreast of future emerging technologies.
• Working with the BA team in gathering other Departments requirements, including Sales, Network Operations, Finance, and strategic 3rd Party Suppliers with regards to business needs, and recommending Architecturally viable solutions
Knowledge & Experience
• Able to build credible relationships both in the immediate technology skilled teams and across multiple non-Technical Business groups.
• Has a thorough understanding of available technology and researches to learn about innovative solutions and new releases especially in areas of AWS, O365, Google and tools such as Jira and ITMS.
• 5+ years’ experience as a system/network administrator advantageous. Systems administration experience must demonstrate responsibility for the operation of Unix Server & AWS Cloud Solutions.
• Hands on experience with networking hardware protocols standards technologies such as TCP/IP firewalls switches routers, Sofos etc
• 7+ years within the Internet / Telecoms industry; 3-5 years design authority experience a must.
- System Design
- System Architecture
- System Requirements