- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,000.00 - £28,000.00 gross per year
- ORTON SOUTHGATE - CAMBRIDGESHIRE - UNITED KINGDOM
JOB SPEC: IT Support / Systems Engineer
TIME: 0 M-F, Some Out of Hours (PAID), Overtime (PAID)
Roles/Responsibilities: This position is for an IT Support / Systems Engineer (1st to 2nd/3rd Line), reporting to the Support Manager.
This engineer will be responsible for working customer logged tickets day to day, providing troubleshooting and support to our wide customer base. Some local travel is required for tickets that cannot be resolved remotely (hire car or expenses provided).
Engineer must have experience in some/all of the following:
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and willing to learn 2019
- Office 365 Administration/Configuration
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (troubleshooting, maintenance, repair)
- PC/Server hardware
- Customer Service / Customer facing skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Remote Access Tools
- Remote Monitoring and Management tools
- Networking (IPv4, IPv6, VLAN)
- Router/Switch knowledge/configuration
- Security tools (AV, AM, Spamfiltering, Web Filtering, etc)
- Previous IT Helpdesk experience
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners (Remotely or on site)
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks for multiple customers.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company and for the customer. (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Possibly training more junior staff members
Not Necessary but a plus: Driver's License (or willing to get)
Benefits: 22 days holiday (increases with time in role)
So if you have good PC/Server Support / Systems Engineer experience, please apply.