- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Systems Management Analyst - 00265986
Posting Range:28 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Systems Management Analyst
Location Radbroke Hall (Knutsford)
We are recruiting for a Systems Management Analyst to be responsible for the development and support of strategic SLA management solution and Self-Service portals for critical infrastructure tools used in our teams. We are about to embark on a four hundred-million-pound journey to truly transform our IT infrastructure. To enable us to achieve these ambitions we are looking to recruit highly motivated individuals who are keen to drive the delivery and adoption of innovative technologies.
What will you be doing?
• You will develop and maintain the SLA Management solution and Self-Service portals for Infrastructure tools
• You’ll deliver solutions using Agile software development processes
• Manage and (where appropriate) undertake the building of relevant infrastructure and software required to create the Development, Test and Production environments
• You’ll take technical decisions to ensure optimal performance and stability of the platform
• Participate and feed into roadmap and strategic direction of product
• Keep stakeholders appraised of progress and issues
What we’re looking for:
• Strong knowledge of Java development and object-oriented software design.
• Familiarity with WEB technologies such as HTML/CGI/CSS.
• Good Operating Systems knowledge, mainly Linux & Windows.
• Passionate about technology, evidenced through activities such as self-learning, contributions to online communities, GitHub commits, etc.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts with clarity to technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in OpenShift and public cloud environments.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Radbroke Hall is a strategic IT and Technology centre set in a fantastic countryside location with outstanding facilities to include Starbuck’s, onsite gym and canteen as well as football pitches and tennis courts. The site is relaxed with a dress down code and excellent working culture.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.