- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Operations Consultant – UKI Talent Development
This is an exciting opportunity to join our market-leading Talent function and contribute to the vision of the UKI firm by working in the UKI Talent Development Enablement team whose role is vital in supporting the overall UKI Talent Development team create business success by driving knowledge, skills and behaviours of the future to over 15,000 people in UKI.
This is an initial fixed term contract until December 2019
As Talent Development Operations Consultant, you will be an integral member of the Talent Development Enablement team, and wider Talent Development network, supporting the operational and financial management of ‘World Class Learning’ within UKI by working to improve processes and ways of working.
You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, to identify opportunities and actions to support the overall effectiveness of the Operating Model for Learning. You’ll have a track record of building strong working relationships and be adept at supporting multiple stakeholders and managing conflicting priorities. You’ll be a self-starter who’s accountable for delivering and facilitating high quality outputs.
This role works collaboratively across the Talent Development function, a highly sought-after department at EY. Our approach to giving you on the job feedback and personal coaching, personal development and opportunities to fulfil your potential is impressive. We have high expectations; and we expect that you do too!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support internal Talent Development Finance processes and policies to ensure good financial controls and planning activities are in place. Keep documentation and process guidance updated as ways of working evolve
- Supporting the Enablement Finance Lead by summarising; financial information, metrics and actions; from multiple sources to provide a holistic view
Operating Model for Learning Deployment
- Work closely with multiple stake-holders in Talent Development (SMR Lead, GDS Administration Teams, and individuals within all Client Groups), to ensure high quality deployment of learning
- Contribute to the evolution of the Global Process Model and Learning Platform by proactively seeking feedback to identify opportunities for improvement across a broad portfolio of activities, and ensure that both Global and Local guidance is robust, accurate and fit for purpose
- Be seen as the key day to day contact for a suite of third-party providers (e.g. venue sourcing agent, external venues and print providers), by working with multiple stake-holders in Talent Development, to evaluate service quality, and design, implement and improve processes
- Support the provision of valuable, “fit for purpose” management information within Talent Development, responding to the need for business-critical reporting to stakeholders, both internal and external to the team
Other Operational Activities
- Contribute to other operational projects aligned to the UKI Talent Development team’s strategic priorities and/or business imperatives as needed
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Able to pre-empt stakeholder needs, communicate timely, and manage expectations proactively
- A strong self-starter, with a desire to embrace and drive change
- Highly organised with an attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines on time, whilst juggling conflicting demands
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic, can do approach, able to interact well with people at all levels within the firm
- Proactive problem solver and creative thinker
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience in operational and process management
- The ability to work within an ambiguous environment; be flexible and adapt quickly to changes
- Able to work well unsupervised, using own initiative
- Ability to learn new processes and skills quickly
- Excellent IT skills – particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent coaching and interpersonal skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A background in learning and experience in learning deployment is preferable but not essential. Applicants with a strong operational background are encouraged to apply
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract