- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
It’s an exciting time of opportunity and change within our Talent Acquisition team. We are looking for a Talent Sourcer to join our busy team to work closely with the Talent Acquisition Partners sourcing direct, high caliber talent.
We are a small team supporting an ambitious, high growth organisation to attract and hire diverse talent across the group. You will be responsible for many day-to-day activities, essential to the smooth operation and delivery of our busy team. Working closely with the Talent Acquisition Partner, you will be responsible for sourcing top talent to feed into the roles you will be working on. You will play a critical part in supporting a direct sourcing strategy using creative ways to ensure we have a pool of the best candidates ready to go.
Success for this role will require applying a candidate and customer centric, delivery orientated approach to ensuring our roles are filled quickly and with ease with the best most diverse talent in the market. It will require someone who takes pride in providing an optimal candidate and customer experience; who is proactive and highly responsive.
This role will work closely with the wider HR team and will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting Talent Acquisition Partners with specifically assigned roles, you will be proactively searching the market for the best talent.
- Using a variety of tools (LinkedIn, job boards, social media, networking) to help you source direct and low cost top talent into Octopus.
- Posting roles on career websites, press publications, searching CV databases and reviewing CVs, screening against requirements to create a shortlist.
- Attending industry events and meeting people. We really care about hiring the right kind of people.
- Introducing new technologies and sites to attract the best candidates, reviewing and managing existing job boards.
- Phone screen/skype/video interview candidates to ensure cultural fit through competency-based interviews and administering psychometric/additional selection testing where required.
- Building passive talent pools for us to ensure we are always a step ahead of our recruitment needs.
- Arranging interviews. It is a small and very busy team so be prepared to get stuck in and roll your sleeves up!
- Actively participant and lead from the front on all our social media recruitment strategy.
- Being an ambassador for candidate experience and ensuring we always have this at the forefront of our mind.
- Ensuring the Applicant Tracking System is up to date and accurate.
- You will have proven experience directly sourcing candidates within an agency or in-house role.
- Experience of digital/social media sourcing tools and techniques. Come ready to show us something new!
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills; ability to handle high volumes of multiple tasks and priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong administration skills with previous diary management experience, MS outlook and excel experience.
- Learning agile and quick to pick up in a super fast paced environment.
- Possess the confidence and empathy required to pass feedback to candidates (positive and developmental)
And to really stand out from the crowd
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude
- Be confident with technology and social media with relevance to candidate attraction and acquisition
- Be well organised, methodical, flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- Think creatively and innovatively about how to do things better
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and prioritise and ever-changing workload
- Have a high level of attention to detail reacting quickly, when needed, to make sound decisions
- Show integrity at all times, and empathise with candidates and colleagues
- Treat others as you would expect to be treated
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.
All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.