- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Tax Assistant, Private Client, Glasgow
We are looking for an experienced Tax Assistant to join our Private Client and Residential Property Team. Focused on Tax, you will be responsible for the compliance aspects of a varied portfolio of clients. Responsibilities include:
- Completion of tax returns for individuals and Trusts accurately and timeously;
- Reviewing Deceased cases for the wider department and preparing Residuary Income Statements and R185s certificates
- Completion of on-line reclaims for Charitable Trusts
- Works within the team to help progress on-going projects
- Experience in a Tax specific role including experience of all aspects of Personal Taxation, Capital Gains Tax, and also a knowledge and experience of Trust taxation and administration.
- Holding (or studying for) ATT, CTA, SOLAS or ACCA qualification. This would be beneficial but is not essential
- Ability to develop client relationships and provide excellent service in a time efficient manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working within the tax team and the private client department, and working alongside other fee earners/departments as required.
Harper Macleod is a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year seven times and which has enjoyed impressive, long-term growth in both turnover and headcount.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career over a period which will bring exciting challenges and opportunities for everyone involved.
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.