- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Tax Manager- TCRM- Leeds - LEE000I2GB-England-Leeds
Would you like the opportunity to work at EY, in our leading Tax Controversy and Risk Management Team? The TCRM team is looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people to join us to continue to grow our business. Based across the M62 corridor, the successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a wide selection of clients, who have varied and sometimes complex tax situations to address.
Professionals in our award winning team work with clients to help them manage transparency and reporting obligations, including preparing a tax strategy / policy, evaluating how tax risk is managed in the business, supporting businesses to prepare for SAO certification, preparing for a HMRC Business Risk Review and developing testing programmes to ensure controls are operating effectively. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
The team also support businesses in effectively managing enquiries through to a resolution, including the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution and litigation.
Your key responsibilities
• Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
• High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
• Overall responsibility of quality of client service
• Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
• Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
• Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
• Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
• Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
• Experienced tax practitioner
• Significant experience in Tax from a large accountancy or law firm or HMRC
• Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
• Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
• Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
• Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
• Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
• Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
• Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
• Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
To qualify for the role you must have:
• ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for:
• Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
• Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
• Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
• Change orientated with flexible approach
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.