- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BUCKINGHAMSHIRE UNITED KINGDOM
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Physical Education department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The PE department comprises of 3 full-time PE teachers, a member of SLT and a Curriculum Leader. The post has arisen due to the expansion of the school and expansion of the PE curriculum, with the recent addition of the Level 1/2 Technical Award in Health and Fitness at Key Stage 4 alongside GCSE PE. The planned expansion of the school will also provide opportunities for professional development as staff begin to take on positions of responsibility within their department or across the school. As the site comprises of a Primary School, this means there may also be the opportunity to teach PE lessons across Years 1 to 6 in a variety of sports and activities. This role would be suitable for an NQT looking to strengthen their teaching within a highly supportive, enthusiastic and strong department or a more experienced member of staff. We will be able to offer positions of responsibility to suitable candidates.
We will offer you:
- Results above the national average and improving rapidly
- A well-resourced department with strong SLT line management
- Strong uptake at Key Stage 4 for GCSE PE and Health and Fitness
- Personalised, supportive CPD
- Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Supportive and thorough inductiion programme for new staff and NQTs
- A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
- Outstanding specialist sporting facilities
- 5-minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with a highly experienced Executive Director. In Ofsted's visit in January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the Ofsted visit January 2019:
- "The executive principal's inspirational leadership has enabled a rapid improvement across all areas of the academy".
-"Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
- "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
- "Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' wellbeing and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
- "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
- "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
- "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury VAle Academy".
Consequently, results are now above the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a progress 8 score of 0.02.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have great subject knowledge including experience of a number of GCSE specifications.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from start of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (with the primary phase) is set to increase its roll in the new few years. There are currently 1619 on role across the phase.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
For further information, contact Mrs E Perrin EA to the Executive Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or clip on the Apply Now Button.