- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Team Leader – Commercial Premises
About the role
We are looking for a Team Leader to join our Commercial Premises team, based in our brand new offices in Colindale. If successful, you will be supporting the Group Manager in the day to day running of a team of trading standards officers, leading on one or more of the following areas; Trading Standards, licensing, anti-social behaviour, street trading and noise nuisance functions, working proactively and reactively to deliver an excellent service.
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council’s development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services. Re will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
In Regulatory Services we provide essential services including environmental health, trading standards and licensing. We also operate successful trading businesses including a pest control service, environmental consultancy and training courses for businesses. In this role you will be involved in growing our existing businesses and creating new opportunities, alongside more traditional enforcement work.
What you will do:
- Provide specialist Regulatory Services advice within the Authority as required
- Influence the shape and direction of the council’s Regulatory Services work
- Line manage a team providing professional and technical Regulatory Services, undertaking regular one-to-one meetings with staff as appropriate
- Undertake investigations of service requests, contraventions of legislation, appeals, licensing requirements, risk or other circumstances, inspect or visit vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment
- Undertake the enforcement of legislation and exercise powers as required
- Develop changes in procedures, systems and operational strategies to maintain efficiency and effectiveness
Your experience will include:
- Fully qualified and experienced Environmental Health or Trading Standards Officer
- Ability to progress projects in a timely manner
- Experience of conducting 1:1 case load management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience of a variety of effective communications techniques
- Political awareness and the ability to escalate issues to Senior Managers to enable them to properly inform elected Members
- Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
A full job description is available, please contact for a copy.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. This is an exciting opportunity to combine the traditional benefits of working in local government with those of the private sector. We offer a range of benefits which include membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of a professional subscription and learning and development opportunities as well as
voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now .
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver