- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Analyst & Developer - 90219573
Posting Range:25 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Technical Analyst & Developer
A new opportunity has become available within Barclays for a Technical Analyst & Developer. Based within our Chief Information Office, who are responsible for driving positive change across the firm. This team allows Barclays functions to automate, simplify and grow. Our technology strategy is focused on building world-class, resilient, secure infrastructure services and data platforms that can – using strong architecture and design – be leveraged by our businesses to build great customer and client focussed capabilities.
What will you be doing?
• Perform environment configurations and infrastructure setups and collaborate with other infrastructure teams to complete assigned tasks
• Design and develop solutions from the point of view of performance, reuse and supportability, consistent with best practices and focus on appropriate documentation.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with third party vendors, global team members, different infrastructure groups, and business stakeholders
• Assist the Application Architect in producing the end to end technical design for major changes, performing analysis and design tasks as required
• Active contributor to the Agile Way of Working and ceremonies (planning / stand-ups / retro etc.) to ensure high velocity is maintained.
• Ensuring code written meets the predefined company and department standards
• Providing support and defect resolution during SIT, QA, and UAT test phases
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of T-SQL programming with a core proficiency with SQL Server, including loading large data sets and optimizing large complicated SQL statements
• Experience of performing in environment configurations and infrastructure setups for in-house and vendor tools.
• Experience of developing Angular or equivalent framework based applications and developing web applications using HTML5, CSS3
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proficient in a variety of database technologies, e.g. Hive, Impala, NoSQL
• Proficiency and experience with DevOps tools for source code repository/branching, automated test and release, e.g., GIT, Nolio, Nexus, TeamCity, Selenium/Protractor
• Working knowledge of Big Data technologies, e.g., Hadoop, Spark
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.