- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Delivery Manager - 90213569
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Technical Delivery Manager - VP
Direct Investing Technology primarily supports the Smart Investor business. The Smart Investor platform is a complex ‘system of systems’ and integrates 3rd party services, internal Direct Investing specific applications and multiple other services and channels across Barclay UK (e.g. Retail Online Banking; Barclays Mobile Banking ‘app’). The team build, maintain and integrate application services that trade clients’ investment orders with a large group of brokers and trading venues in real-time. The Glasgow Dealing Team, Barclays 360 agents, Operations teams, Service Management teams and retail clients are the main stakeholders but other internal business areas also make use of the services.
The Technical Delivery Manager supports the end-to-end technical delivery of strategic product and platform initiatives for the Smart Investor platform. This is a senior role within the Direct Investing Technology team and has opportunities to contribute to the technology strategy in this area.
· Understand the strategy of the business area and how the portfolio of projects delivers this strategy.
· Assist programme and project managers to build credible time and cost estimates of what is required to deliver technical outcomes: resources, specific skills, supplier integrations.
· Perform technical risk management across the platform and within projects. Forecast what impediments may be encountered along the way and prepare handling mechanisms.
· Systems Engineering and technical solution design – align and integrate the organisational technical strategy and wider Wealth Architecture with business driven change for Smart Investor.
· Technology Service management and application lifecycle management – maintain a strong relationship between ‘Build the Bank’ and ‘Run the Bank’ technology teams
· Experience in a Project Manager role with evidence of successful delivery of medium/ large projects containing technology change.
· Domain experience of technology change delivery within a large enterprise, ideally within financial services.
· Excellent communication skills, articulating concepts and proposals to both technical and business stakeholders. Stakeholder management at all levels, including the ability to influence decisions and actions.
· Exhibits a strong sense of delivery through collaboration and partnership.
· A ‘Systems Thinker’ who takes a holistic, non-linear approach to analysis and problem solving that focuses on the way that a system's constituent parts interrelate and how systems work over time and within the context of larger systems.
· Understanding of application lifecycle management – both the software development lifecycle within and broader perspective that continues until the application is no longer used
· Within Financial Services, domain knowledge of investments, especially direct to consumer services
· Experience of working in an agile project team with Barclays relevant experience of the tools used.
· Broad knowledge of applications and technology services used across Barclays UK.
· Knowledge of the infrastructure technology services available to Barclays UK.
· Experience of working as a Technical Lead / Delivery Manager in a collaborative but disciplined agile delivery environment
· Experience of application, data and infrastructure architectures
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.