- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Delivery Manager - 90220892
Posting Range:4 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Role Title: Technical Delivery Manager
Location: Radbroke, Knutsford
Branch Technology is the home to most of Barclays’ key Retail, Corporate and Wealth & Investments systems. As a group we have a wealth of technical knowledge with 1800 technology professionals and the broadest range of skillsets. We are the central technology partner to many of the bank’s most challenging projects and are playing a leading role in engineering process improvement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Self Service teams of Branch Technology that delivers functionality to our ATM, Assisted Service counter, Quick Service point devices, the Counter desktops, plus the POS and ATM routing systems, the cash management system and are building the Clearing Hub for the Cheque Imaging Programme
What will you be doing?
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with teams across the organisation, ensuring effective delivery of applications into the production environment.
• Liaise with project managers, keeping them updated on release progress against milestones, risks, issues and finances.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development, testing and deployment of a quarterly release for an application product (or number of products).
• Coordinate the demands of a number of projects into one delivery plan.
• Manage all resources (designers, developers, testers, etc.) across an application / product, optimising the use of other Barclays and any third party suppliers as required.
• Follow the appropriate resourcing model to help deliver on cost targets
• Collaborate with the application support / service teams to ensure smooth transition of applications into their BAU environments.
• Manage the successful delivery of application / product releases into the production environment.
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge or experience of Micro-Service Technical Delivery
• Previous experience with complex change in Cloud environment
• Project management methodologies, e.g. RUP, CMMi, Prince II, PMI
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
• Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
• Degree in relevant IT / business management discipline, equivalent to UK 2nd class Honours (or equivalent experience)
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.