- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 - £55,000.00 gross per year
Technical Director X2
£45,000 - £55,000
Company Pension Scheme
33 Days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
Due to an exciting period of company growth and a retirement within the business this well established Construction and Structural based company is looking to recruit an experienced Technical Director and also someone who is looking to take a step up into a Technical Director role.
* Actively market the interests to potential clients and introducers.
* Develop positive trust based relationships with clients and members of the design team.
* Attend meetings with clients and the design team and record discussions and actions.
* Establish project briefs. Prepare and negotiate fee quotations, agree with a Director.
* Review project correspondence issued by the design team.
* Manage and programme resources of the group in relation to the needs of active commissions.
* Manage with other Technical Directors the organisation of the office to ensure smooth running of the company in an ordered and attractive environment.
* Assign responsibilities to engineers and technicians. Determine programme for project execution and ensure that tasks are carried out in a timely and cost effective way.
* Delegate design and specification tasks to Senior Project Engineers, Project Engineers, Graduate Engineers and Trainee Engineers. Review scope of calculations required.
* Delegate drawing tasks to Senior CAD Technicians, CAD Technicians and Trainee CAD Technicians. Review scope of drawings required.
* Prepare concept designs
* Prepare preliminary design calculations and sketches
* Check design calculations prepared by others for numerical accuracy and engineering principle.
* Attend site progress meetings and record relevant discussions and actions.
* Inspect and report on construction progress and quality
* Review drawings on first issue 'for preliminary' and first issue 'for construction'
* Direct the group to fulfill the requirements of the CDM regulations.
* Encourage safe working methods for self and colleagues within and outside the office.
* Monitor project costs against fees to ensure overall profitability of the group.
* Report financial performance of projects to Director.
Skills and Qualifications
* Chartered or a Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
* Experience of managing multiple projects
* Design Engineering background
* Management and Interpersonal skills
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for motivated employees.
If you feel this is of interest please send your CV directly to Charlie Morgan at or call for a confidential discussion on .
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering.
- ms project