- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £37,000.00 - £41,000.00 gross per year
Are you a Technical Manager working within Motorsports /Automotive industry with Electronics Motorsport experience? If so then my client a market leader in its field is looking to recruit.
- Schedules engineer time both in and out of the office in terms of customer facing visits and office based tasks to maintain customer satisfaction and core values.
- Manages the priority of the "Software Support Issue" items and manages weekly meetings with the PC Software team to ensure timescales are met and conflicts resolved.
- Writes Technical documentation for a range of purposes, from software requirement specifications to customer facing user guides and technical magazine articles.
- Contributes to Software development direction and represents the customer feedback received.
- Attends conferences both as a network exercise and market observer, presenting technical background of the company's products when appropriate.
- Assist production and repairs department to diagnose issues related to return products, and production enquires regarding programming code and datasets.
- Attend onsite visits to assist customers and deliver projects at customer facilities and trackside and provide feedback through internal reports.
- Work with the commercial teams to understand customer enquiries and requirements to assist on project proposals and provide recommendations to the system architecture.
- Work with the marketing team to continually develop our online customer support presence utilizing modern technology and interfaces.
- Deliver training session both internally to colleagues and new employees, as well as externally to customers.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
- Qualified to degree level in a related engineering discipline.
- Significant demonstrable expertise (typically equivalent to at least 8 years of experience) in using motorsport electronics systems such as engine control systems, data loggers and power management units including system configuration and data analysis.
- Demonstrable expertise (typically equivalent to at least 3 years of experience) in managing a small team of engineers.
- Proven numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Eye for detail and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to manage the work schedules and personnel requirements of a team of engineers that often work remotely.
- Proven customer support experience including trackside working with appropriate safety consideration.
- Ability to contribute and lead projects effectively, often involving other departments within the business.
- Understanding of common motorsport data communication methods such as CAN, RS232 and Ethernet.
- Willingness to travel
Desirable but not essential:
- Competent in Pectel Engine control and chassis systems.
- Management training qualifications.
- Knowledge of high-performance wiring design to military specifications.
- Experience working directly within a motorsport team at a high level. (e.g. F1, WRC, LMP, GTE)
- Understanding of Automotive communication methods such as LIN, Flexray and EtherCAT
- Appreciation of auto-coding and developing engine control strategies in Matlab/Simulink
If you would like to discuss this further then please submit your CV and contact Esther Greenwood at Satarah Recruitment
- ms project