- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location: London, or Cardiff
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits package
Ready to shape tomorrow? Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
About the role… We’re looking for a Technical Product Owner to join our team. You'll be responsible for maximising the value of our internal platform and the work of a dedicated engineering squad.Your work will be framed by two questions:
- What technical development work should we prioritise to enhance our platform and why?
- How do we deliver these technical features to market?
This role will focus on the following activities:
- Platform strategy & roadmap: Working with the team, you’ll form and communicate the platform strategy and roadmap. This is key to the engagement of the wider business, and the setting of effective goals for the team.
- Platform development & delivery: You’ll drive the delivery of the platform strategy and roadmap; generating, maintaining & prioritising the Cloud Platform Engineering team's backlog, working with the team as they pick up items of work, and help communicate progress and success back to the business.
What Experience would be relevant?
- Experience in a Technical Product Owner/Product Manager role, preferably in a software-first Fintech or tech scale-up
- Domain knowledge in Fintech - e.g. payments, FX, transaction banking or trading is a plus
- Ability to define a product backlog using standard categories like epics & user stories
- Comfort working with agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Any technical background, such as previous roles in Computer Science or Software Development, would help; we have a strong preference for a technical person in this role. What personal attributes do I need?
- A self-starter who takes accountability for getting things done
- Stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence colleagues in small, cross-functional scrum teams
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and always curious about the way things work
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional structured thinking and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a scale up or growth environment and as part of a wider team
We offer a comprehensive range of employee benefits; have no dress code policy, flexible home working, a day off for your birthday and socials every Friday. So, if you’re ready to join a thriving global business based in the heart of London’s Spitalfields, then get in touch!