- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Specialist - Windows Patch EngineeringThe Technical Specialist Windows Patch Engineer role sits within the Windows Patch Engineering Team / Distributed Compute / ITID and reports to the ITID Distributed Compute Project Manager.
The role of the Technical Specialist Windows Patch Engineer to drive the Patch Engineering area on Windows Platform. This is to ensure dedicated focus on patch bundles, vulnerability management and protection of the Windows estate from threats and vulnerabilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining packages and task sequences using the SCCM platform
- Reviewing and creating Windows patch updates, security vulnerabilities and software policies
- Setting global Windows patching standards, testing and certifying within the lab facility
- Working with vendors, produce best practice solutions for the domain
- Providing consultancy, guidance and collaborating with architecture, projects, support and other engineering teams
- 3rd Line support to all regional Windows teams
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Compliance reporting and Window OS vulnerability management
- Technical Skills : Windows administration, SCCM, PowerShell , Windows Patching, Vulnerability understanding and management, Microsoft patch bundles knowledge, thorough testing of patches, Task sequence creation, Windows Clustering
- Development and maintenance of packages and task sequence using the SCCM platform
- Understanding of Windows security and ability to work / liaise with Cyber Security teams for vulnerabilities
- Thorough understanding of the management processes required to run large multi-country IT installations
- Ability to work in a multi country, culturally diverse and time zone separated management role
- Good communications skills and ability to motivate and communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of being a team player
- Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve complex problems
- Experience of contributing to automation and process optimisation
The base location of this role will be the South Yorkshire Global Data Centre (SYGDC), Barnsley.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Telephone: +44 2078328500
- ms project
- project manager