- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Hemel Hempstead
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Reporting into the Manager, Technical Support, the Technical Support Specialist will provide technical support to all departments for an agreed range of Epson products including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution, customer escalations, advice to customers to improve product performance and customer satisfaction. In addition to this, due to local business structure or needs the Technical Support Specialist may provide some pre-sales support.
This role is based out of our Sales and Marketing Offices, in Hemel Hempstead with regular travel around the UK and ad-hoc travel to Europe.
- Provide advanced technical problem solving to end users, resellers, service partners and the (outsourced) Helpdesk
- Escalate issues to the 3rd level Technical Support team, as required
- Create training course content for maintenance and repair on current and new products for service partners
- Deliver training courses on maintenance and repair of current and future products to service partners
- Undertake investigations with service partners and dealers to ensure quality standards are maintained and improved
- Provide on-site support with specific expertise to end users, resellers and service partners, when appropriate
- Monitor product failures to identify any ongoing problems that may require attention and provide feedback to the Manager Technical Support and 3rd level Technical Support teams
- Where required, due to local business structure or needs, provide technical pre-sales support, which may also include supporting events and demonstration
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Applications are welcomed from: Technical Support Specialist, Service Support Specialist, Product Support Specialist, Technical Product Support
- Experience of Managed Print/Office Automation and Papercut, Equitrac and or Professional event/installation projection and associated control systems Windows and MAC OS experience including network troubleshooting
- Technical Training development and delivery
- Experience of multi-level technical and engineer support, remote and face to face
- Fluent in English with a high standard of written communication
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Ideally educated to degree (or equivalent) level
- Hold a valid UK driving license
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and is committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.