- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Borough of Torbay
Position SummaryThis position is for a skilled maintenance technician that loves living in Northern Arizona. Coconino Community College represents what is best in our County: Diversity, Stewardship, Volunteerism, Education, Innovation, and Community. We offer more than just a job, we offer opportunity and family.
In exchange for your dedication, handwork, and positivity, we offer an extensive benefits package which is often hard to find in the current job market. We participate in the Arizona State Retirement System and offer full medical, dental, vision, and life plans along with a generous paid time off program that includes 21 days paid time off and 21 days holiday pay. We also offer discount auto and home insurance, pre-paid legal, disability plans, pet insurance, tuition discounts and other optional retirement plans. We hope you consider joining us.
The maintenance tech's job makes a daily difference in the quality of the learning experience we provide. This critical role performs skilled maintenance and mechanical duties district-wide, which may include general repair, building upkeep, HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, college event set-up and landscaping. If an applicant is missing one of these skills, we are willing to train. If needed, this role may supervise temporary employees and student workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to immediate requests for repair work throughout the college campuses in support of positive student and employee experiences
- Participates as a member of the facilities crew in planned preventative maintenance programs and activities in a positive manner with a can-do approach.
- Diagnoses, services, and repairs problems related to computerized energy management systems.
- Performs carpentry, which includes painting and repairing damaged walls and doors, as requested or needed. May be preventative in nature.
- Services and repairs damage to and malfunctions in, heating and air conditioning units. Also makes electrical and plumbing repairs. Installing, maintaining, removing plumbing fixtures. Also working with electrical circuits, and work is to be performed as requested or needed. Work may be preventative in nature.
- Maintains records of work orders, service logs, preventative maintenance schedules and other related files.
- Purchases and places orders for materials, supplies and equipment with approval.
- Performs various custodial/ housekeeping duties, such as emergency clean-up and arranging furniture for various activities and functions on and off campus.
- Assists in snow removal duties that includes, but is not limited to shoveling, operating snow blower, dump truck, back hoe, Bobcat, and other various equipment.
- Delivers, picks up material, and performs other related errands.
- Maintains the grounds and performs gardening duties.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Position is part of the colleges' snow-removal team and may need to be called in outside of his/her standard hours to support the team for snow or other emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Note: This position will be required to be on call on a rotation basis and need to work occasional weekends or evenings.
- Note: This position is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position.
- Note: As a requirement of this position, the incumbent is required to have a Hepatitis B and tetanus shot.
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesEnjoys performing maintenance functions, diagnosing problems and finding solutions. Knowledge of general office procedures and practices. Knowledge of Microsoft software packages suggested. Skilled in interpersonal communication and interacting with diverse co-workers and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information, and to receive work direction in a positive manner.
Minimum QualificationsAny combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department that would be equivalent to an Associate's Degree and 2 years of experience in general maintenance.