- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ocado Technology is the in-house technology division of over 1,000+ software developers, engineers, researchers and scientists that uses the latest in AI, robotics, cloud services, big data, and mobile technologies. We brainstorm, design, architect, innovate, experiment, build and maintain the systems that power Ocado.
Managing these many different technology streams, sites and people means that we rely on our central team of Assistants and Administrators, led by our Office Manager, to assist with day to day requirements which contribute towards the smooth running of the Technology Division.
As we continue to grow, we are expanding our close knit team and now have an opening for an Administrative Assistant to support the Technology Division. If you are an enthusiastic, highly organised and engaging person, this could be an interesting opportunity for you.
The Administrative Assistant would be responsible for....
- Booking hire cars in accordance with company policy, including raising Purchase Orders
- Assisting with planning and running in-house Ocado Technology Events.
- There is an element of physical activity to the role including manual lifting. Should a company event be held in the evening or weekend, you will be required to assist.
- Raise any hire car invoice queries direct with the car hire company/employee for resolution
- Book UK travel and accommodation
- Contact hotels and suppliers for invoices not received, ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Order stationery and organise the stock control of all stationery cupboards, order business cards as and when required and be responsible for the incoming post
- Allocate all monthly transactions spent on company credit card and code to the correct cost entry / account code / project code
- Assist with meeting room booking requests, monitor meeting room equipment and stock as necessary, arrange meeting hospitality as and when required
We're passionate about people with...
- Ability to communicate confidently with individuals of all levels including Senior Managers, Heads of Department and Directors
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office & Google
- Experience with storing and monitoring data relating to Purchase Orders
- Previous experience in a team support / administration capacity within an energising business
- Collaborative team player who is self-motivated and able to work under pressure; requiring tact, judgement and discretion
- Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we can offer you...
Within our flexible work environment we can offer technically stretching ( https://www.ocadotechnology.com/about/#banner-2 ) work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries ( https://www.ocado.com/webshop/startWebshop.do ), Fetch ( https://fetch.co.uk/ ), Sizzle ( https://sizzle.co.uk/ ) and Fabled ( https://fabled.com/ ).
We also have monthly technology division socials, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Click to find out more about working at Ocado Technology ( https://www.ocadotechnology.com/careers-index/#careers-index ).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.