- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technology Controls Manager - 90188298
Posting Range:15 May 2018 - 30 May 2018
Job Title - Technology Control Manager
Location - Glasgow
Accountable for providing technology controls advice, support and guidance to multiple stakeholders.
Directly aligned to the Wealth and Investments Portfolio area and CIOs (and possibly CIO direct reports) and/or senior Technology and Business stakeholders – an integral part of their management team and responsible for shaping the technology controls roadmap.
The role-holder will assist the Technology Controls Partner/Lead (VP) to incept, direct and deliver all technology & technology resilience control activities aligned to UK Cards, partnering with other 1LoD colleagues
• Governing control issues leading to technology and technology resilience risks
• Driving improvements in the Technology control environment
• Responsible for the delivery of multiple initiatives covering the global risk mitigation agenda
• Ownership of senior stakeholder relationships with multiple teams on behalf of Technology Chief Controls Office, ensuring world class delivery to and support of customers and clients
• Stakeholder Management, including CIOs and senior business colleagues
• Engaging with global Regulators to respond to formal inspections or ad-hoc reviews of risk management practise, where required
• Ensuring appropriate control frameworks are place, identify and assess risks, including emerging and thematic risk
• Ensuring sustainable controls in place to mitigate risks, driving control remediation where required, apply lessons learned
• Strong awareness of technology risk management within a large organisation
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to shape thinking of key people in multiple functional areas to change decisions, opinions, attitudes or behaviours.
• Strong awareness of technology and technology resilience risks
• Strong awareness of operating and championing a control environment.
• Technology risk and control related qualifications preferred but not essential, e.g. CRISC, CISSP, CISA, etc.
• Ideally the individual will have awareness of BUK Technology and the Barclays Controls Framework.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.