- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technology Risk Services - Internal Audit Manager - SAPJob Description Summary:
To take ownership of allocated assignments in a way that exceeds client expectations, whilst taking responsibility for managing and developing team members.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It's our job to work with them to help them grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. In audit, we work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors. You'll work with clients at their sites, getting to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face. Making the most of your audit experience and client management skills, you'll help our clients mitigate risks and work more effectively. And you'll help to shape a vibrant economy and contribute to making sure the whole business community is built on trust and integrity.
• attends external events to create networks and potential new opportunities
• identifies and manages changes to the business unit
• helps to develop new products and services
• actively involved in office marketing events, is an 'ambassador' of the firm, is aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products, whilst pro actively identifying cross selling opportunities
• ensure clients are aware of other services that can be provided by the firm and understands the firm's position in the market and its competitive advantage
• manages a portfolio of existing client relationships
• builds and maintains good working relationships with all clients and colleagues
• develops audit committee papers for presentation to the partner and in accordance to client timetable
• attends audit committee meetings and leads client liaison meetings
• interview candidates for new positions.
• contributes to the motivation and commitment of the team in order to realise the team objectives and achieve results
• carry out formal appraisals as part of counsellor role. Write/input into all assignment appraisals for junior employees and complete six-monthly appraisal on a timely basis.
• coach and mentoring role for staff for all levels, ensuring staff are given tasks to assist in their development.
• Recognises effective performance, identifies and takes corrective action with performance issue
• attends training to develop technical and personal skills. Takes proactive steps to develop self awareness and performance (e.g. psychometric profiling; 360 degree feedback and reading appropriate sector journals)
• adheres to the firm's risk management policies and procedures
Operations and results
• takes responsibility for engagement administration
• attends planning meeting
• ensures assignments are appropriately scheduled and resourced
• ensures terms of reference / audit planning documents are agreed by the client prior to review commencing
• agrees budgets for review with partner and/or client
• reviews existing work programme to ensure alignment to terms of reference
• ensures the effective allocation of resource for assignments, proactively maximises efficiencies and provides development opportunities to the team
• ensures effective team working and to the firms methodologies, and that tasks are appropriately delegated with all information to support key decisions documented
• ensures scope of review is being met and that team are working to the firms methodologies
• keeps abreast of issues as they arise through liaison with the team
• attends close-out meetings with the client and has a full understanding of issues discussed.
• sets expectations for production of draft report to team.
• ensures draft report is of a high standard prior to submission to partner or client. and review points from the partner and client comments are addressed prior to final deliverable
• ensures appropriate updates to the action tracker are processed
• ensures files are completed to the firms methodology
• monitors WIP for clients on regular, e.g. monthly basis, and manages WIP to keep at a minimum level and minimising write-offs
• monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate
• assists in negotiating and raising fees where appropriate
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.