- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Test Lead - 90227654
Posting Range:20 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Automation Test Lead
A new and exciting Automation Test Lead Role has arisen in Glasgow. You will be defining test strategy and planning for projects in Corporate Data Services as well as being accountable for test execution. You will be managing test teams and driving forward the Automation Strategy and delivery road map. You will have a pivotal role within Barclays making an impact within the world of Technology today.
What will you be doing?
• Lead and deliver as E2E Test lead with minimum supervision.
• Engage and Govern the NFT, UAT, OAT teams and track progress to plan.
• Drive forward Automation Strategy and delivery roadmap.
Work to mature the current automation capability by ensuring proper documentation of frameworks, utilities
• Closely control and monitor the plan, review and take corrective measures.
• Raising the RAIDs at appropriate level and following to closure
• Define and build robust, modular and reusable Automation frameworks and retain accountability for ensuring all Test Automation Analysts understand and adhere to the framework.
• Participate in various organizational level initiatives/forums.
• Liaise and engage landscape teams for e2e tests and other support teams
What we’re looking for:
• Proficient in creating automation framework using Java, Selenium, Cucumber & Gherkin.
• Good knowledge of Python, GIT, SQL & Unix.
• Exposure to DevOps, middleware automation
• Experience of leading team of testers and automation engineers.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in Server Management
• Experience of using Green Hat Tester (GHT), HPE Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.