- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Test Manager - 90230451
Posting Range:2 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Test Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Test Manager to join our team of 11 working in our Northampton site. The Contact Centre Technology team provides centralised capabilities to the contact centres within the Barclays group, setting strategy and driving R&D and innovation in Customer Contact platforms.
What will you be doing?
• The Manager is responsible for managing end-to-end testing phases such as QA UAT & Business Acceptance on products, large/complex projects or a Programme of initiatives that impact the core systems, applications & platforms across the Contact Centre Technology estate
• Support business colleagues in defining detailed ‘testable’ requirements
• Act as a Test SME and point of contact for Contact Centre TechnologyWork in partnership with development & delivery teams to enhance performance and quality user experience for Contact Centre applications through dynamic testing capability and leadership
• Completion of test closure projects (Governance).
• Manage End-to-end testing, from testing scripts, designing and execution (including aligning non-functional test resource support within a project as required)
• Responsible for resource management activities within the programme/ projects and ensure effective utilization
• Execute tests and collate evidence (as required)
• Ensure constructive working relationships within team
• Ensure data planning is extensive, planned, executed and available to support manual and test automation
• Own the test tasks for their respective team
• Reviews the Test Environment Specification and Coordinates with the Test Environment Manager
What we’re looking for:
• Test management and execution of complex applications and integrations.
• Strong experience and knowledge of all testing processes including defect management
• Awareness banking applications & Infrastructure
• Previous interaction with designers/pm's/management
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Complex Contact centre test experience (Desktop, Speech IVR, Softphone, Routing, Chat, Core Platforms,)
• Knowledge and understanding of change methodologies such as AGILE
• Automation Testing and tools experience
• Experience of change management tools such as JIRA, Rally (Agile Central), Confluence.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.