- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £35,000.00 - £37,000.00 gross per year
We are Currently looking for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join our client in London
The post-holder is responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist and supporting the Lead Anaesthetics Practitioner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade and the needs of the service.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
- The post holder will be appraised on an annual basis and the process will include a review of the past year's performance, setting of aims and objectives for the coming year and identification of education needs.
- Develop good interpersonal relationships with the other staff through effective communication and sound judgment in own area of practice.
- Ensure that complaints are promptly dealt with and reported to the Lead Anaesthetic Practitioner.
- Reporting to the Lead Anaesthetics Practitioner any untoward incidents which may have legal implications or where staff disciplinary action may result.
Skills and knowledge:
- The post holder would be trained in anaesthetics either as an RGN or ODP.
- Assist the Anaesthetist during pre and intra-operative period initiating care and clinical interventions according to the patient's condition and in accordance with local and HCA policies.
- Obtain qualifications in Advanced Life Support and ensure that updates are obtained as required.
- Provide a commitment to expanding existing skills, assisting in the planning and implementation of the Anaesthetic and peri-operative assessment within the anaesthetic role.
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.