- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £22.00 - £26.39 gross per hour
Would you like to work as a team where all team members are compassionate and committed to delivering high standard care and services to patients? Would you like your work to be flexible to fit your lifestyle and circumstances? Would you like to have the flexibility of working in different locations, giving you the opportunity to expand your experience and knowledge?
If you answered 'yes' to the above, we'd love to hear from you!
We have flexible Bank shifts and long-term placement opportunities available for Theatre Practitioners (RN & ODP) Band 5 available at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust, specifically in the following areas:
- Theatre Anaesthetics
- Theatre Recovery
- Theatre Scrub
- Theatre General
We offer an enhanced rate for our bank theatre practitioners!
Worcestershire Acute Hospital Trust has a rich tradition of developing Theatre practice, and of delivering excellence in patient care.
Whilst proud of their heritage, their focus is the future, and central to this vision is providing evidence and value-based individualised care to the people supported.
Excellent transport links mean their location is commutable from Birmingham, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and Warwickshire.
To apply for this post, you will:
- Have a minimum of 6 months paid experience at Band 5 level in your theatre specialty within the last 2 years
- Registered Nurse Level 1 with NMC or Registered ODP with HCPC
- Have knowledge of anatomy/physiology relevant to your role and awareness of current peri-operative practice
- Always provide high quality patient focused care and take appropriate action to ensure safety of patients.
- Have an understanding of manual handling practices and policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Be able to organise the pre-operative care of assigned patients in your specific area of theatres
- Undertake regular mandatory training
- To act as a patient advocate throughout the theatre process.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- - Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts at your Trust
- Access to shifts before they are available to agency
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle - Take control of when you want to work
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Book and manage your shifts on the go
- Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Support when you need it
- 24/7 365 days
- Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don't have to rely on expensive agencies.
Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year.
This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible shifts and long term placement opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.