- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Trading Analyst - 190003QH)
The Trading Intelligence team is responsible for transforming the effectiveness of customer facing decision making across Trading, through building the right tools, analysis and reports that will drive an improved return on investment. The primary focus will be on the critical commercial levers of price, promotions, range and space.
This role is provides analytical support (using SAS plus potentially R/ Python) to guide our value strategy. This will include for example developing reporting, managing indices and delivering competitor insights, understanding promotional and space performance, and various pricing projects.
Sainsbury’s strategy includes a promise to ‘offer great products and services at fair prices’.
This role supports the embedding of this strategy through:
Undertaking price, promotions, range and space-led analysis and fulfill the team’s regular commitment
Developing our analytical capabilities and deliver project based work
- Deliver analysis using SAS Enterprise or Excel where appropriate, working with relevant stakeholders and proactively overcoming challenges and roadblocks
- Synthesise work into clear and insightful findings and recommendations, particularly for regular senior updates, and work with other teams (eg Customer Insights) where appropriate
- Maintain existing analysis and reporting to be accurate and efficient, removing ‘manual churn’
- Develop our reporting suite to be best in class and full meeting our stakeholders needs, whilst ensuring future proofed handovers and documentation
- Lead analysis within project work such as secondary space evaluation or trial stores
- Support the wider department by developing new tools or bespoke analysis as required
- Participate in the development of broader capability within the team, for example through knowledge sharing or coaching others, or developing new areas such as R and Python
- Suggest projects or priorities to support the broader TI agenda and drive these forwards
We're looking for someone who has a 'can do' attitude with initiative and drive to overcome obstacles and get to the answer. You will have an intellectual curiosity for our value strategy and customer experience. Knowledge of trading principles with the retail sector is extremely desirable, as well as Python proficiency.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with mathematical/statistical content
- Strong Excel skills and SAS and/or SQL proficiency, preferable within Teradata environments
- Track record of converting non-technical stakeholder needs into scoping, delivery and synthesis of high quality analysis whilst overcoming obstacles
- Great communicator, able to present clear and simple findings and recommendations from complex analytical techniques to non-technical audiences, both written and verbally
- Well organised with the ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects at once
- Team working ability to support peers and the wider team
Primary Location: GB-London
Work Locations: Holborn Store Support Centre Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd 33 Holborn London EC1N 2HT
Job: Commercial Operations
Advertised Salary: Competitive plus benefits